Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fur Sure

As a marked chill permeates the air here in the Northeast, CC thought it was time for fur - both faux and non... The toppers come in nearly every color of the rainbow and in styles ranging from traditional coats to kicky boleros. The handbags and boots? Even more fantastical! Enjoy!
For more fab ermines and minks: Fellow Fashionista The Fashion Smoothie had a wonderful roundup recently. See it here.
At left: Giambattista Valli wine hued topper. CC is in love!
6267
This photo and previous via nymag.com. Other runway pics via style.com except where otherwise credited.
John Galliano
Dennis Basso P.S. If you are in NYC, you simply must visit the DB fur salon at Bergdorf Goodman!

Left: Chris Benz

Right: Roberto Cavalli, via men.style.com.

See, guys are doing it, too! In fact, the last time CC was in Aspen, gentlemen were wearing floor-length furs just as gorgeous as the ladies'!
Marni
Michael Kors
At right: Fendi's chill-beating chinchilla - divine!


Giambattista Valli fur skirt, via nymag.com. Exquisite!
Olsen collage by Fellow Fashionista Űberchic
Fellow Fashionista S of Modern Guilt looking fab in a vintage fur coat!
Manoush Lapin cardi coat, at net-a-porter.com
Dsquared2 double-breasted coyote-trimmed sweater. Visit eLuxury.com.
Matthew Williamson Lapin opera jacket, at net-a-porter.com – CC covets!
Deal of the Day: ASOS Faux Fur Bolero, $65 at asos.com.

Les Prairie de Paris coyote fur jacket, available at presseboutique.com.
Couture Couture fur shrug. Visit juicycouture.com.
D&G faux fur shrug, at bergdorfgoodman.com
At right: a luscious wrap from sorbarafur.com.
[Not for beginners!] Anna Sui Mongolian lamb fur cape. Go to shopbop.com.














Cosy Accessories? Fur real!
Runway inspiration: Dolce & Gabbana
Bally fox fur handbag. Visit intermixonline.com.
Miss Sixty clutch, via style.it
Versace silver leather and mink hexagonal tote, at bluefly.com.
At right: Versace pink mink clutch, pictured via elle.com.
CC must admit, she loves her UGGs. But there are so many more chic options out there for staying warm and actually looking good doing it!
At right:
Another Important Culture sheep fur boots. Visit anotherimportantculture.com.
Frye Ava boot, at Neiman Marcus
Islo Isabella Lorusso boot. Go to islo.it
Artistic commentary by artist Not Vital, entitled “The Boyfriend” (2008), at the Frieze Art Fair in London.
Photo via nytimes.com.
What do you think the artist is trying to say?
Do you feel passionately about fur?
CC’s last look: MaxMara and Giorgio Armani coats featured on elle.com. Dreamy!

26 comments:

Seeker said...

I must tell that I'm against fur.
Well against what they do to animals to get their fur.
(But I'm no fundamentalist, if I lived in North Pole and needed very much to make a fur coat, well the animal that I would hunt will be to eat and to dress)
But I love love love a GOOD faux fur, so soft and cozy.

Very nice the stuff you picked, thank you for sharing with us, beauty.

Was your B-day great???

xoxo

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

faux fur all the way for me :)

Fashion Moment said...

Excelent! I love it. :)

FM

Anonymous said...

Real fur's a big no for me, but I'm all for faux fur!

And I think real vintage fur can be a gray area... I wouldn't wear it myself, but it doesn't seem quite as bad...

La Belette Rouge said...

I am a weasel and so I have an anti-ermine, weasel and mink policy( we musteladae have to stick together).

I do wear some vintage fur. But,I don't think I could ever get myself to buy a new fur. I am just too squemish about it. I do appreciate the beauty of furs and I do like them best on the animals.

Lisa said...

I love how luxurious fur feels, but I don't think my wallet or my conscience would let me buy any. :-)

Anonymous said...

It's faux fur all the way for me (although, my Mum wore fur when she was a teen in the 60s but she lived in Poland where it was absolutely freezing and I don't think they had the technology to produce faux yet)

I think the Not Vital work could have many interpretations - for me it seems to be making a point about the evolving man who is now relatively 'hairless and clean' who requires the fur and animal to survive - he's too fragile without it.

Tricia said...

wouldn't buy a new fur, but love me some fake fur! These are really fun choices, however.

Elizabeth said...

I'm not a fur fan, but I'll admit that some of these designs are great.

K.Line said...

Oh, I love fur. I prefer to wear vintage a) because it's sustainable b) affordable and c) the killing was done before I was born. Having said this, I'm not a vegetarian, I wear leather and I live in Canada. I'm not opposed to wearing fur.

glory said...

todas esas pieles estan fabulosas...... gracias por pasar por mi blog y por tus opiniones.... besos

Meghan and Lana said...

LOVE this post. I neeeed to get my hands on some serious fur really soon, it gets brutally cold up here in canada and my time is running out!
love your blog!
xx
meg

michelle said...

I'm pretty against fur myself.

Miranda said...

i want one!!!!

Lil Midget said...

I only use faux fur cos of those poor animals...Besides, I'm too poor for real fur!

But this is a great post CC! I don't think fur would look nice as skirts but as coat collars or that brown piece around the model in the simple black top..Oooh...Definitely tickles my fancy :)

xo

WendyB said...

I love one of those shrugs. I don't have an issue with real fur any more than I have with leather. I keep animals as pets, eat them and wear them. What can I say?

Songy said...

marni number is sweet. I was never a fur wearer but I'm kinda looking for mauve, dusty pink faux fur. wait a little maybe.. when it gets cooler in may next year I might have something ready.

Myriam said...

I'd go with faux.

Blood Roses said...

oh i really want a new fur coat, nothing beats it for the cold miserable winter! faux of course :)

Bluukbob said...

Hiiiii
Thanks so much for your wishes dear ....
I had an amazing wedding and i'm still enjoying my newly wed honeymoon days..hihi..

take care,
xoxo

Lucy and Raymond

Mimi said...

I totally lvoe this fur look right now but only if it's faux!

P.S.Thanks my dear for the link ☺

Kate @ Tres Lola said...

Fur :( :( Faux's alright... but real... not so good!!

MakeupByRenRen said...

there is something very chic about fur if done right...but personally i can't see myself wearing anything but the faux kind

Nina said...

oooooo fur.... one tricky subject.... glad you raised this subject here...

Considering I am terrified with the idea of animal skinning, I would never buy a brand new fur coat from a store, so not to stimulate this kind of economic activity.... But then, there is still one question that remains to be answered.....: What do you do with vintage fur coats? The animal is already dead. No new animal will die if you pick it up at a thrifting shop.... Would you buy it or burn it?

Thinking this will be my next poll at CN....

MISS GLITZY said...

It's not easy to wear but I definitely love fur. Can't wait for the cold!

Aliena said...

I like (fake) fur... but cannot see myself int it. And it's a shame: I found a lovely jacket for 10 euros in a 2nd hand shop and I cannot get myself to buy it, because I don't know what I'd do with it... coward!