Friday, August 22, 2008

Quilt Trip

On the Fall 2008 runways, quilting was crazy!
Photos via nymag.com unless otherwise credited.

At right:
Asprey quilted leather trench
Blumarine peach jacket
Givenchy quilted patent coat, via style.com
Ermanno Scervino sleeveless puffer jacket,
via Italian Vogue online

CC loves this one, and the matching fur arm-warmers as well!
Daks by Giles Deacon – a fab fitted capelet in an unexpected shade and fabric!
Chanel, a house famous for its quilted bags, offers this slim quilted tunic and skirt combo!
The quilting is kept to a flattering minimum on this Iceberg zippered sheath dress.

Hint: best to keep the padding up top, ladies!!
"Puff" below the waist is generally taboo.
An exception to the rule:
Subtle and flattering v-shaped quilting at Rue du Mail

This photo courtesy Paris Vogue
Giles had the most impressive variety of tailored “puffa” looks.
These three photos courtesy style.com.

The shapes and colors here are truly stunning!
Quilted jackets are, thankfully, more inventive these days.
CC is not a fan of the knee length “puffa” that every woman in New York seems to own.
Note: quilted coats should be kept short unless they are either incredibly slim or impeccably tailored!
At right:
Emilio Pucci Cosmo hooded puffer jacket.
Go to net-a-porter.com to buy.
Giles silk jacket, also at net-a-porter.
This photo via elle.com.

Btw, did you know that pastel jackets are HOT for fall??
See by Chloé quilted jacket, at shopbop.com
Adam & Eve fur-lined metallic linen vest, at vivre.com
Deal of the Day: Lexi quilted vest, just $27.80 at forever21.com
Thomas Wylde Spider quilted waistcoat,
at net-a-porter.com
For all you preps, not to worry!
There is this Burberry quilted belted jacked.
Go to neimanmarcus.com to buy.
Of course, we could all use a classic quilted Chanel bag (and how adorable is this tote with minis, from Chanel pre-fall backstage; photo via style.com), but there are numerous other ways to sport quilted accessories.
ASOS quilted obi belt
Patricia von Muslin "quilted" Lucite cuff.
Go to vivre.com
Dior quilted bag, featured online at French Vogue
Marc Jacobs Casey tie tote,
at ronherman.com
Does this bag make me look fat?
Just kidding!
Moncler oversized puffer tote, at intermixonline.com
Botkier Stevie satchel. Visit shopbop.com.
If a big quilted tote isn’t your style, there are some lovely petite options!
Chloé rose gold quilted lambskin Bay zip continental wallet,
at bluefly.com
Miu Miu patent clutch, at barneys.com
How genius is this Goldenbleu Audra patent clutch? It has a removable coin pouch and link chain shoulder strap. And it’s on sale at eLuxury.com!
There are even some cute quilted shoes for fall.
Word to the wise: unless you are doing aprés-ski cocktails at the Caribou Club, avoid Moon Boots, which several designers attempted to resurrect last year; we hope that won’t happen again!
At right:
Pedro Garcia Agatha quilted platform boot,
at shopbop.com
Rock & Republic Karen quilted pump.
Visit eLuxury.com
Maloles quilted Maryjane ballerina flat.
Visit lagarconne.com
Christian Louboutin leather ankle boot with quilting detail;
photo courtesy style.com.
If you are worried about added bulk with this trend, opt for a vest or one of these fab accessories -- even a gorgeous pair of Burberry quilted leather gloves, available at neimanmarcus.com -- rather than an allover "puff".

Quilty pleasure CAN be yours!

42 comments:

Shay said...

you are fueling the lust I've had for a classic quilted black chanel...le sigh.

Fashion_Girl22 said...

When Chanel did that quilted jacket for Fall 07, I hated it. Know, its showing up everywhere. You can even buy a Prada quilted jacket at Neiman Marcus. I love that Chanel bag!

Thanks for the great comment on my blog. Keep up the breat work! ^_^

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i was thisclose to buying a marc jacobs quilted stam bag last year, but decided i might get sick of the quilting. turns out, i was wrong. great picks!

glory said...

me encanta el abecedario de tendencias, escoges muy bien cada fotografia...a mi me encanto el paisley...saludos

Sharon S said...

Hi couture carrie-the giles jacket and asprey coat are my favourites! I do love marc jacobs casey bag too-very nice indeed! have a lovely weekend!!

Estibalitz Diaz de Durana Arias said...

Buena recopilacion !!
gacias por compartir !
un saludo
Esti

Little Bow Prep said...

I love quilted jackets! I actually have one from Burberry!

I'm also a huge fan of quilted bags; I have one from Chanel!

Lovely post as always.

ZEPETIT said...

Como me gusta todo el concepto de acolchado!

Zepequeña.

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

catherine mcneils outfit is very pretty, and i like her as well, she has a very unique and gorgeous look.

Tricia said...

I think I like this best on clothing in isolated areas, otherwise i feel a little too marshmellowy.

Christina said...

I loooove quilted pieces....i can never get enough of them. I just orded a quilted bag..I wish it was a chanel one, but its not. love all of these pieces! great post!

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

The See by Chloe black patent one is <3
I may be looking at a new 'investment piece' now :P

Siljesfashion said...

Love my quilted Chanel. Love the pastells also, such a great look!

Myriam said...

Oh I need the miu miu bag, so cute!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Cosy and chic! The quilted look is classic, yet can also be contemporary. Nice post.

Seeker said...

I always thought that quilted pieces made me fat, but there are some stuff you show that I really like.

xoxo

leeselooks said...

fav quilt. chanel 2.55.

wonderful post for the letter Q.

love your jam-packed posts.

Always In Style said...

Not a big fan of quilting - maybe if I were younger and thinner but otherwise it would be a disaster on me!

WendyB said...

I love how down jackets have gotten so shapely and stylish. They used to all be shaped like sleeping bags.

Unknown said...

the quilted purses are fab.. a chanel purse is at the top of my lists... but i'm not sold on the puffy quilted parka vests and coats

Hunters Glory said...

Last 2 catch my interest.
Love the quilted leather in the high heel boots!
...and the gloves work as well!

;)

Danz said...

Fantastic! I'm not sure quilted clothing would suit me but I love quilted shoes and accessories(the ones you listed are fabulous)!

I would love to have a quilted Chanel purse someday but for right now, any great quilted purse will do.

Take care and have a great weekend CC! :)

michelle said...

I'm totally loving the Givenchy show.

Carolina Lange said...

So many amazing quilted things! Wow!
I love that quilted Dior bag!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

I love your blog!! Great finds!

Clara Sheller said...

My granma´s Chanels!!!!!!

Sienna said...

Chanel and quilting is love!

Anonymous said...

I love quilting especially on accessories and shoes. I need more quilt in my life...and when I saw quilt I mean Chanel hehehehe.

Nikki said...

i'd take quilting on a bag please! nice post carrie =D

hannah said...

i need that see by chloe jacket! it is amazing.

Songy said...

the one thing I'm really hanging out to get is a quilted leather bag.. not necessarily from Channel of course.

That pink silk puffed up vest is kinda cute tho.:)

agnes said...

A black Quilted Chanel 2.55 will be good enough for me this fall... *sigh

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I really like quilt, it's new and interesting ... I would definately purchase a pair of leather quilter gloves.... or a a cute clutch :)

Aliena said...

Mmmm This is one of the trends I don't think I'll be following... t makes me feel like the Michelin man... some of the pictures are really interesting, though!

Libbi said...

Some of those jackets are gorgeous!
I love the asos belt.
x

erin de la cruz said...

A quilted CHANEL is what my heart desires at the very moment. Is it possible for me to find a quilted man leggings, Ms. CC? =)

Lil Midget said...

A gorgeous collection!And thanks for the comment xo

Anonymous said...

wowwww, what a fab post. you're amazing! i actually really like that black chanel bag with the mini chanels all over it. it's way better than the disaster of a bag that louis vuitton put out that was a melange of all of its bags. remember that?

when i first saw the some stuff from giles i was like: ??!!, but now that i see it again i realize the beautiful tailoring that went into it and the amazing color palette.

Kaitlin Rae said...

i really like all of your finds, good stuff!

Anonymous said...

wow! lovin the moncler bag!

Da Fashionista said...

what's your puffer jacket of choice? under $200. I need one in a purty color...

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments, darlings!

Diabs - J. Crew has a cute puffer jacket for $178:
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Feature_Assortment/NewArrivals/outerwear/PRDOVR~96697/96697.jsp

xoxox,
CC