Sunday, June 8, 2008

With your vest interest at heart . . .

Inspired by the "on the street" montage in today's Sunday Styles (photo at right via nytimes.com; you can see the complete slide show online), Couture Carrie presents a plethora of fabulous vests, borrowed from the boys but with a decidedly feminine bent. For summer, the vest is a wonderful alternative to the blazer. It really helps you look put together without adding extra bulk (and that is truly the goal as the mercury creeps into the 90s, as it has a tendency to do these days - steamy!!).

We'll begin with the semi-traditional, made modern by a bevy of buttons and a decorative watch-fob chain (sans timepiece). The delectable Robert Rodriguez wool notch lapel vest pictured at top left is currently on sale at bluefly.com.
Two extremely affordable options, both at forever21.com for around ten dollars each, are pictured here, one a halter and the other an abbreviated cropped version.

If you're already a vest expert, it's time to try something a bit edgier: how about this LaROK Rock and Roll vest, for purchase at shopbop.com. The bedazzled nature of this little topper make it perfect for evening!

If you're craving something a bit more casual or cozy, don Rachel Pally's oversize vest, available in several colors at shopbop.com. Would look so cute with skinny jeans!

5 comments:

Steph said...

the robert rodriguez vest is lovely. i don't usually like vests very easily (some I've seen have just looked so tacky!) but this is gorgeous! :) The oversized vest may not be for me though.

Lil Midget said...

Vests! My Norwegian housemate is into vests (a guy). I think it looks really chic and smart. Great post!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love the sort of studded vest
great blog!!

Danz said...

Thanks for your lovely comment sweetie! I love tailored clothing and vests are one of my favourites. I have a denim vest and a purple vest which I adore. That embellished vest is hot!

Ella Gregory said...

I really like the first waistcoat
that would be the one I would wear I think!