Monday, June 2, 2008

FASHION TRIBUTE

“My small job as a couturier is to make clothes that reflect our times. I’m convinced women want to wear pants.” - Yves Saint Laurent, 1936 - 2008, champion of timeless elegance and a woman's right to create her own signature personal style
Yves Saint Laurent at one of his 1960s shows with models, backstage.







Mr. Saint Laurent in 1969 with Betty Catroux and Loulou de la Falaise, both wearing pieces from YSL's famed safari collection.
Mr. Saint Laurent with models, 1989








Photo credits: Kate Moss in YSL ad campaign, via http://www.ysl.com/. B&W images via http://www.smh.com.au/. 2008 Fall RTW shots courtesy nymag.com.

3 comments:

Fashion Addict said...

Hey! I have just added your link to my blogroll! To add a my link to your sidebar you have to go the 'Add Page Elements' part of your layout section and there should be an element that says Add Links or something like that. Afterwards I'm pretty sure you'll understand it... I'm sorry, I didn't know that you didn't have a blogroll yet... please tell me if you have any problems putting the link up.

TECSA said...

just a genius!
Thanks Yves for your prét-à-porter!!

Anonymous said...

He did such an incredible job...

It was great that you decided to make this tribute.

Rest In Peace, Yves Saint Laurent